Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #251 (permalink)

Member # 490377
Looked good to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7/31 - 8/2 Sturgis, KY

| (270) 333-2324

|
|
[/COLOR]
BBM5252 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #252 (permalink)

Member # 6576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM5252 View Post
Will that be ready for KOH?
You better believe it!! Jason and Rage 4th already have her torn down, and doing some fall cleaning. I bet she has another 600 miles on her by Christmas

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #253 (permalink)

Member # 174440
Transmission and transfer case

Me again,how about an overdrive transmission, they say they can build them to withstand wild horsepower. Then follow it up with an scs gearbox. Between the two should be able to get the gearing you need. No need to slow down, just go fast.
bludorbronc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #254 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludorbronc View Post
Me again,how about an overdrive transmission, they say they can build them to withstand wild horsepower. Then follow it up with an scs gearbox. Between the two should be able to get the gearing you need. No need to slow down, just go fast.
How about you take your ideas to the mud forum.
keeptahoewhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #255 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 72152
Soo, bludorbronc, you do realize that a powerglide is a 2 speed automatic transmission right?
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #256 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuntaco View Post
Soo, bludorbronc, you do realize that a powerglide is a 2 speed automatic transmission right?
You do realize you bumped this thread after 2 months to talk to a moron right? WTF.

Edit: And now I bumped it to do the same. :blackhomer:

Last edited by keeptahoewhite; 01-29-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #257 (permalink)

Member # 22801
Im sure Jason does most his updates via Facebook, but for us who hate that place.....

what happened at KOH this year? i saw 3 wheel drive in the rocks, was that the killer?
Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #258 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 80862
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot4me View Post
Im sure Jason does most his updates via Facebook, but for us who hate that place.....

what happened at KOH this year? i saw 3 wheel drive in the rocks, was that the killer?
I heard something about him getting sick?

Mike Johnson #43 EMC 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #259 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot4me View Post

Hey Garrin. I think the suspension got really hot on the first lap and the front rebound started blowing through really quickly. Sort of my fault on setup. (I placed the rebound tube a little to high to catch it in the rebound bump zone) That caused the limit strap to stretch and the balls literally fell out of the CV.

This was after I had already ran to pit 2 to get a driveline after tapping a rock on the yoke and having the cap spit out. Then, I thought it would help the batteries to winch Jack with the fan's off and while I was out winding the cable back in, it overheated enough to lose the water and I couldn't legally find a way to replenish the system with enough fluid to keep it out of limp mode. Had I just ran to main pit and back I could have finished but I kept thinking a little more pee might be enough. This led to a comical situation where the course workers wanted to know if I was okay and I said I was out of water and out of pee...they called the EMT's thinking I was dehydrated I was fine, just bummed. Car was SO GOOD in the desert and amazing in the rocks it's just a shame it's never had the finish it deserved. Going to moth-ball it until KOH next year.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #260 (permalink)

Member # 94368
Great job out there Jason, it was amazing to see how well that car worked in the rocks even in 3wd! Hate to hear you won't be running the series this year
[B]Jordan Townsend - JRT Off-Road Racing #4580[/B]

Great parts and support:

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
JRTOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #261 (permalink)

Member # 6576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ON THE RCKS View Post
This led to a comical situation where the course workers wanted to know if I was okay and I said I was out of water and out of pee...they called the EMT's thinking I was dehydrated I was fine, just bummed.
That makes a lot more sense.... when I heard the call on KOH1 that you needed medical, I was very surprised.... no way did you plan that poorly that you made yourself sick.
Way happier that you were bummed, and not sick.

Can I rent the car for NorCal??

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #262 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Hey Garrin. I think the suspension got really hot on the first lap and the front rebound started blowing through really quickly. Sort of my fault on setup. (I placed the rebound tube a little to high to catch it in the rebound bump zone) That caused the limit strap to stretch and the balls literally fell out of the CV.

This was after I had already ran to pit 2 to get a driveline after tapping a rock on the yoke and having the cap spit out. Then, I thought it would help the batteries to winch Jack with the fan's off and while I was out winding the cable back in, it overheated enough to lose the water and I couldn't legally find a way to replenish the system with enough fluid to keep it out of limp mode. Had I just ran to main pit and back I could have finished but I kept thinking a little more pee might be enough. This led to a comical situation where the course workers wanted to know if I was okay and I said I was out of water and out of pee...they called the EMT's thinking I was dehydrated I was fine, just bummed. Car was SO GOOD in the desert and amazing in the rocks it's just a shame it's never had the finish it deserved. Going to moth-ball it until KOH next year.
Can we at least go shock tuning?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #263 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 29113
Send a message via Yahoo to pitchitpitchit
Well... You were the only one to make that section on Jack and with 3-wheel drive at that. Currie/ Savvy tried before you and they ended up pulling that huge rock down that you winched over. They gave up but you made it. Nice job man!

pitchitpitchit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #264 (permalink)

Member # 10249
Quote:
I placed the rebound tube a little to high to catch it in the rebound bump zone That caused the limit strap to stretch and the balls literally fell out of the CV.
Do you have pictures of your tube placement?
You can add larger internal spacers on your shocks so that it grabs if the limit strap fails. Could even stagger the spacers in both shocks so if the straps fail and bypass rips out the coilover spacer could still keep the CV alive.

With the spacer you have in it do you not have any bump phase on full extension?

AZ Undertaker
ashmanjeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #265 (permalink)

Member # 427818
Quote:
it overheated enough to lose the water and I couldn't legally find a way to replenish the system with enough fluid to keep it out of limp mode. Had I just ran to main pit and back I could have finished but I kept thinking a little more pee might be enough. This led to a comical situation where the course workers wanted to know if I was okay and I said I was out of water and out of pee...they called the EMT's thinking I was dehydrated I was fine, just bummed.
I think people would have paid good money to listen to Dave explain the next morning why you were DQ'd if you would have accepted a whole bunch of water, drank it, and then pee'd it into the rad

I can't wait to see it in action again next year.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #266 (permalink)

Member # 22801
sad to hear about no racing this year, but glad it wasnt anything major and just some tweaks that will fix the issues. I was stoked to see you with pole position and then to take the right line at JH
Old 02-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #267 (permalink)

Member # 75114
For those not on facebook... This is Jason right after taking the holeshot from miller:

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...00283748_n.mp4
Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #268 (permalink)

Member # 22801
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeptahoewhite View Post
For those not on facebook... This is Jason right after taking the holeshot from miller:

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...00283748_n.mp4
nice, 1 shot it!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #269 (permalink)

Member # 5546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchitpitchit View Post
Well... You were the only one to make that section on Jack and with 3-wheel drive at that. Currie/ Savvy tried before you and they ended up pulling that huge rock down that you winched over. They gave up but you made it. Nice job man!
Jesse Haines drove that line.

ProMod #76 - Maxxis Tires, Dr. Smash Designs, Reno4x4.com, Bayshore Truck Equipment
dennisuello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #270 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
Jesse Haines drove that line.
In 3wd?

Last edited by keeptahoewhite; 02-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #271 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
jason is arguably the most talented rock crawler to date. jason has forgotten more about rocks than 90 percent of other racers will ever learn.
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #272 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Fox FB page pics

Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #273 (permalink)

Member # 8937
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeptahoewhite View Post
In 3wd?
No, but next time I will pull a drive flange just to say I did.

September 24-25, Wild West Motorsports Park, Reno, NV

#199/4499 - Superchips, Maxxis, Trail Gear, Branik Machine Shop, Yukon, JE Reel, Rugged Radios, Lifetime LED, Sway-a-way.

mudtruck44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #274 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtruck44 View Post
No, but next time I will pull a drive flange just to say I did.
I guess I missed the point that dennisuello was trying to make.. Now we are here. Ultra3
Old 02-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #275 (permalink)

Member # 8937
I forget I'm posting on Pirate and we still have this -

September 24-25, Wild West Motorsports Park, Reno, NV

#199/4499 - Superchips, Maxxis, Trail Gear, Branik Machine Shop, Yukon, JE Reel, Rugged Radios, Lifetime LED, Sway-a-way.

mudtruck44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.