Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 3622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
Not the correct means of communication. All that will do is put out 1 fire, when in reality we have hundreds/thousands fires reading this thread.

I cannot understand why there was negotiations when SNC was present. THEY LIE!
Regardless of what you think about the SNC, they were present because they filed the lawsuit and any settlement had to address their issues.

Lester's response clarifies the situation from the FS side. The focus is on them to produce their response.

And, OHV did counter with a proposal... The result is there are about 40 (Lester says 42) routes that could not be dropped out of contention.

The case went back to the judge because no settlement agreement was reached. As to stating what will happen next, do not know until the FS accomplishes their part of the order.
kf6zpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #227 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 28318
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMolester View Post
The anti-access crowds paint a picture of us trashing the environment, while in reality we're the group that actually tries to solve environmental problems instead of blowing cubic dollars in courts. Those "environmentalists" are such hypocrites.

EXACTLY!!! We need to show these fools(the greenies) proof of what we are doing out there. We aren't out there destroying meadows or trashing camp spots. We are out there working hard to make it better....for everyone. I really don't think a lot of these judges and certain folks from the FS know this. It is almost as if we need to get some of this work, some of these work weekends televised and out into peoples faces.

How can they argue with the preservation we are performing on these trails? Makes no sense.

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA, Warn winch, plow

2005 Super-Duty Powerstroke 4X4, CC, SB, MBRP turbo back exhaust with cat-be-gone, 2008 F350 springs
76cjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Somehow I get the sneaking suspicion you already know the answer to that question.
I'm kinda hoping there's opportunity still for this, if it wasn't done yet. Even if an option wasn't proposed for Karlton's review, it sure would be nice to get it into consideration for the upcoming Supplementary EIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
People will give a shit when it's too late and it's trails they use.
From earlier in this thread, this clearly underlines the opportunity here... yeah, the circumstances stink, but there's an open microphone on a spotlit stage, surrounded by a crowd of empassioned users... I hope the organizations/representatives step up to the plate and lead.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #229 (permalink)

Member # 110491
Quote:
Lester - Bebe here....

Is the Forest Service going to continue the fight? Are you going to appeal the Judges order?

bebehumr at gmail dot com
Bebe, I'm not Lester, I emailed the forest service the other day regarding the issue and that was the email I got back FROM Lester.
cmarjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #230 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarjeep View Post
Bebe, I'm not Lester, I emailed the forest service the other day regarding the issue and that was the email I got back FROM Lester.
LOL - I know that......but I know Lester reads this board.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 110491
Quote:
LOL - I know that......but I know Lester reads this board.....
Oh ok it sounded like you thought I was him. Carry on.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #232 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 28318
This is what I'm talking about. I will definitely spend my money with CycleGear. I bought a quad last year and I'm still outfitting it. Thank you for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyboy View Post
so, i know that this press release is about 3 weeks old, but, i found this, and as such, will be supporting them by buying there more.

BLUERIBBON COALITION, INC.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CYCLE GEAR DONATES TO KEEP TRAILS OPEN IN 2012

CONTACTS:

Don Amador, BRC - 925.625.6287
Dave Bertram, Cycle Gear - 707.747.5053 x112

DATE: March 20, 2012
BENICIA, CA (March 2, 2012) -- Cycle Gear, the country's largest retailer of motorcycle apparel and accessories, pledges $10,000 to the BlueRibbon Coalition in support of the organization's efforts to ensure continued access to public lands.

The donation highlights Cycle Gear's total fiscal commitment to the BRC Trail Access Fund for 2012. This is the 10th year in a row in which Cycle Gear matches club and rider donations -dollar for dollar- to the Fund (up to $10,000 per year).

Dave Bertram, 5-time ISDE gold medalist, two-time national off-road champion and CEO of Cycle Gear, states, "Trail riders continue to face unwarranted land closures and restrictions at state and federal OHV areas. Cycle Gear is proud of this grant program that supports BRC's efforts to successfully champion responsible motorized recreation on designated roads, trails, and areas."

"Today, the OHV community is confronted with an endless parade of frivolous eco-lawsuits, cancelled motorcycle events, and closures of historic single-track trails. The off-road business community must continue to support access groups that fight to protect our rights to enjoy public lands." Bertram said.

Don Amador, Western Representative for the BlueRibbon Coalition, said, "BRC would not be able to continue its work if it were not for generous donations such as this commitment from Cycle Gear whose support is greatly appreciated as it will help fund our access efforts in 2012."

2005 Super-Duty Powerstroke 4X4, CC, SB, MBRP turbo back exhaust with cat-be-gone, 2008 F350 springs
Old 04-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #233 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
Quote:
Originally Posted by randii View Post
I'm kinda hoping there's opportunity still for this, if it wasn't done yet. Even if an option wasn't proposed for Karlton's review, it sure would be nice to get it into consideration for the upcoming Supplementary EIS.

From earlier in this thread, this clearly underlines the opportunity here... yeah, the circumstances stink, but there's an open microphone on a spotlit stage, surrounded by a crowd of empassioned users... I hope the organizations/representatives step up to the plate and lead.

Randii
yup.... we've got troops gearing up, just waiting to be told what we need......

in all honesty, the .org's have our ear right here right now..... they have what they want, the troops ready.... but if there is no plan to do anything, we will just stand back down and move on with our lives again and wheel a little less.

Last edited by surveyboy; 04-03-2012 at 03:45 PM.
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #234 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
Quote:
Originally Posted by R290 View Post
I like your thinking. This is why I'm spending the gas money to get to Cadillac Hill on June 9th to be part of FOTR efforts to repair the area.

I would be willing to spend the gas money to help on other trails too.

One could know everything about the lawsuit, current decisions made, what FS is planning. But that does not mean I know what the next step as a user of the trails should do. For that I need help from those that know.

I understand that some don't like Pirate4x4 as people tend to stir the pot. But as a person in the know, just ignore those post. i.e don't reply to a question that you feel is out of place. The land use forum is a place to have civil discussion on the issues.
i know we as a Club (TDO) are also planning our summer schedual and are aiming to hit a few of these trail jobs also.
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #235 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
Kurt has said he does not want the OC drama, but I say if there is why not fix that too.

Here you go: /forum/usa-southern-california/1050849-high-desert-roundup-2012-a.html

Have at it! And GOOD LUCK! (Yer gunna need it!)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #236 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
The forest service had a plan for Barret in 2008.

Check out this thread by Rick here:

/forum/land-use-issues/669546-barrett-lake-jeep-trail.html
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #237 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingPiazza View Post
Kevin,

While I agree with you on a blanket update, That still does not guarantee that it will be read. We as individuals need to keep our selves informed regardless of where the content is held.

I am a member of Cal 4 wheel and various other Organizations, Like you I do not have time to go searching for information, That is why I read the publications from each organization cover to cover. IF I have questions I know I can contact Jim B, John S, or anyone that is fighting for us and they will respond.

You can also sign up for the Alert Access email chain on the Cal site plus review the archives - www.cal4wheel.com. They have a forum as well(granted its content is a bit old and needs to be continually updated going foward) that you can post questions and review any latest news. BlueRibbon has the same type of Alert Access Email chain as well, -Https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/lists/?p=subscribe&id=2

So the information is out there, it just a matter of us as individuals to sign up. Saying that I wasn't informed is a bit of a cliche in my book, Its up to us to be involved and be informed and not rely on one individual or organization to spread the news. Now if you belong to the email lists, read the forums and Mags and were blind sided by this, then there is a fundamental break down that I am sure could be resolved with a simple email or phone call to anyone of the people that represent us.

BTW the next Cal 4 wheel Northern District Meeting is April 21st at the Cal 4 wheel office. I suggest you show up and shake hands with John and Jim, Ask them pointed questions, They will answer.

Steve Piazza
Dysfunctional RockCrawler
Steve.....you just dont get it......Thats "suggestion" wasnt for me chief.

Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #238 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Quote:
They scream because they need to know that these folks are out there Kickin butt and takin names. I want to know that!!! I have listened to what I have been told and I have found it remarkably wanting in details. SO, I went out on my own and made some calls and found some answers. Then, funny, this news breaks hours after I made the calls.

Whatever. the people need to know and if they do not, support will wane. Timing is soooo important. It is everything that stands between being a hero and a zero. Get it right and you are good. Wrong and well, you know.......
Thank You Scott This People ...

Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #239 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
I'll make sure I get to that meeting...let me book a flight from Maryland.

KC

Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #240 (permalink)

Member # 73399
I have been following the post. It is hard to keep up on all the issues and some time we let them go bye until something happens. I have been listing to reports from Don Klussmen (RIP), Jim and John for years often they are talking and writing about issues years before they come to a head. We are lucky to have them working for us. Hopefully this makes us listen a little better when they are speaking or writing.

Thanks to all that help through your support of Cal4.

P.S. if you are not getting your inGear call, we can fix that.
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
1992 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon YJ
steveyos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #241 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
actually, it is his job.
7/24/365??? not!!!

Last edited by LYIN' KING; 04-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #242 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
Quote:
Lawrence K. Karlton
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Lawrence K. Karlton (born 1935) is a United States federal judge.

Born in Brooklyn, New York in 1935, Karlton received a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1958, at the age of 23. He was in the United States Army from 1958 to 1960, and was a Civilian legal officer at the Sacramento Army Depot from 1960 to 1962. He was in private practice in Sacramento, California from 1962 to 1976, and also litigated civil liberties cases as a volunteer lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union. He was appointed by California Governor Jerry Brown as a judge of the Superior Court of California, where he served from 1976 to 1979.

On June 5, 1979, President Jimmy Carter nominated Karlton to a seat vacated by Thomas J. MacBride on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on July 23, 1979, and received his commission on July 24, 1979. He served as Chief Judge from 1983–1990, and as Chief Judge Emeritus until assuming senior status on May 28, 2000. Karlton is known as an outspoken liberal, and many of his clerks go on to work in public interest law.

Karlton, along with Judges Stephen Reinhardt and Thelton Henderson, is a member of a special three-judge panel overseeing overcrowding in the California prison system.
The LAW knows no politics???? Another lie. He's an outspoken Liberal, sympathetic Judge...this needs to be taken all the way to the Supreme Court.

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL

Last edited by Bebe; 04-03-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #243 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Wonderful.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #244 (permalink)
W6FTW

Member # 133266
Quote:
He was appointed by California Governor Jerry Brown
Even more wonderful. I knew this was going to be a bad choice!

At any rate, with the talks of "occupying" the protests, wouldn't it be wiser to take that paycheck that you would have gotton at work, and donate it to a fund that's dedicated to keeping this area open?

I wouldn't mind donating a weeks pay check to a set fund for this (something like Save Johnson Valley). If I were to occupy, I'd be taking a week off to do it. Instead, I'd rather work, and donate that money that I made that whole week...

NorCalPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 6576
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post

I wouldn't mind donating a weeks pay check to a set fund for this (something like Save Johnson Valley). If I were to occupy, I'd be taking a week off to do it. Instead, I'd rather work, and donate that money that I made that whole week...
I agree with you 100%, but at the same time, I keep thinking how much fun I could have occupying barrett lake with 100 of my closest friends

The only thing that would hold me back is being compared to all those long haired hippies in the city...

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"

Last edited by 1uglyranger; 04-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #246 (permalink)

Member # 110491
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglyranger View Post
I agree with you 100%, but at the same time, I keep thinking how much fun I could have occupying barrett lake with 100 of my closest friends

The only thing that would hold me back is being compared to all those long haired hippies in the city...
In the end, what did the Occupy movement accomplish? Absolutely nothing.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #247 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarjeep View Post
In the end, what did the Occupy movement accomplish? Absolutely nothing.
Wrong. They caused millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to be wasted on cleaning up after them.
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013
ReElected RTF Director Dec 2017

cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 110491
Quote:
Wrong. They caused millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to be wasted on cleaning up after them.
That's not an accomplishment. At least not in my book.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #249 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
I see your point. But it is hard to deny the impact they are causing.
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013
ReElected RTF Director Dec 2017

cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #250 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 28318
Quote:
They caused millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to be wasted on cleaning up after them.
This is exactly what the occupiers did. They cost the local governments major amounts of money. Cleaning up after them and also policing their activities. They did serious damage to the park like area in front of the city hall in Oakland. Luckily they did not damage the old Oak tree that proudly stands in that area and is a symbol of that city. As for the lawn and surrounding area they showed total disregard for them. The lawn was severely damaged and still looks like s**t. Most of the spray paint has been removed from the granite fixtures in the area.

Last edited by 76cjeep; 04-04-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.