|06-13-2017, 03:50 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2013
Member # 308273
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Has anyone kept up on this? It seems like it was a big deal in March, and passed the Senate by a slim margin.
"According to Amador, SB 249 does the following:
· Sets up “Science Committee” which is a new super commission that has veto power over the entire program and OHV commission
· Would basically ensure that there are only two “ohv friendly” commissioners on the 9 member OHV commission
· Would support redirects of OHV funds to non-OHV program projects
· Would not require repayment of any OHV funds taken by the legislature and other agencies
· Prohibits any new state OHV parks
· Since it would be a “new” program, there would be a 1 year pause in grants.. so no OHV grants to FS/BLM/county sheriffs, etc.
· Those are just some of the key points… it is a “Kill the Program” bill written by extreme eco groups."
California OHV Program Action Alert SB 249 - Cycle News
Afterthought Racing, 4827