Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Land Use Zeus

Member # 3982
What "Big Orgs" Have Survived into 2018

While land use may not be the hot ticket item on Pirate, it is still out there and still working for you -- to save trails and keep our sport alive. 2018 will be an important year, and inspite of the title I gave this thread, all your land use and 4wd organizations are still out there, some struggling, to fulfill their missions.

The key for us, for you, is to figure out that we still need to support those groups fighting for us. If you have not joined or renewed in something, I'd sure like to know WHO is fighting for you?

The politicial climate is still good, right now, for us to make an impact on opening up trails. I hope you will stay on, or get back on the team.
Del

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ambassador
Co-Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR)

2014 Inductee, Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame
Co-Founder, Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF)
Jeepndel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3975
These “Big Orgs” Del mentions do most of their fighting for us at elevated levels; think your State Capitol building and the Big White House on the hill in Washington DC.

Often folks join these orgs with unreasonable expectations.

Local battles are best fought by local orgs, they work hand in hand with big orgs. Those with unreasonable expectations have often neglected to support their local club(s) and State association(s).

When (not if) their favorite trail(s) come under attack, they expect a representative from the Big Org to be sitting at the negotiation table during a protracted battle with some sue-n-settle enviro group. The reality is, that’s simply not possible in most cases.

Yes, the enviro groups usually have legal staff and other team members present; this is only possible due to the massive amounts of money their enterprises generate.

Make no mistake; they are LARGE enterprises with a LARGE, generally affluent membership support base but their primary goal is revenue generation not the environment! This allows them to have a LARGE well paid staff . . . of liars.

It’s a David -v- Goliath battle we face! While Goliath may be cross-eyed he is still a GIANT. Our Sheppard warriors are small by comparison but have great vision and a powerful weapon, the sling of truth.

Better armed for the fight by us providing a bit of lead for their weapons via memberships the death blow of truth will take down the Goliath lairs of these enterprises more frequently.

Don’t let misconceptions obscure the key to winning battles. Support is needed and every membership matters!
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 164501
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to give my new address to BRC. Renewed but they sure didn't make it easy. What a horrible website. Pretty but not user friendly.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig195 View Post
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to give my new address to BRC. Renewed but they sure didn't make it easy. What a horrible website. Pretty but not user friendly.
You're welcome. Nice of you to share your thoughts and point out how difficult renewing your membership was.

BRC management should be made aware of the problem.

I know others with less patience have just blown it off rather than fight the pretty new inyurface.

The BRC's current president (Todd Ockert) is resident here, his user name is "navy-jeepster".

I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware of the problem already but you'd think it would be fixed by now if he were?
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig195 View Post
are you on mobile or a regular computer? not going to lie, i just made a $20 donation using paypal and it was pretty simple. click here to support, log in to paypal, select amount and occurrence.

I won't know until the end of the month but i should be on a monthly recurrent thing. BRC is listed with the federal government whateveritscalled charity drive catalog.

easy automatic deductions right from your federal paycheck if you choose, need to renew every year. i've been doing it for years.

up is difficult, down is dangerous

The largest tax modification in 30 years, check it out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 164501
On my desktop using Chrome. Hmmm, first time I never saw it, this time it popped right out. I do need new glasses

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate-4x4.Ru : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.